Codestorm Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected at all times. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Personal Information that we may collect from you
We may collect personal information which we receive when
- you use our websites
- invite us to take part in your procurement process
- you use our services
- you contact us
This may include information which you provide where you
- complete one of our website forms
- submit documentation as part of a procurement process
- begin working with or contract with us
- enter information into our website
- contact us directly in writing or by phone
We may collect the following types of information
- your name, address, email address, telephone number(s) and other contact details
- information required to provide you with a service, and details of our services that you have used
- your company’s name, your position in the company; the company’s address, company’s email address and telephone number
- information collected through your use of our websites (see IP addresses and cookies)
- details of any enquiry or complaint you make to us
Why we collect personal information
We collect your personal information in order to
- provide you with products and services that you may request from us or selected third parties
- provide other customers with products and services
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- to notify you about changes to our service
- to improve and develop our products and services to you
- meet legal and regulatory obligations
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information
- Directly from customers: e.g. when a customer signs up to receive our services or completes a web form via our websites.
- From third parties: e.g. when we acquire third party marketing lists or whilst undertaking an identity check
Who sees the personal information that we hold
Customers’ personal information may be provided to:
Selected third parties
- Where customers have indicated they wish to receive information about products, services or promotions that may be of interest to them.
- Where services are provided together with a business partner and it is necessary to disclose the information in order to provide the services
- For the purposes of identity verification
- in the event that we sell or by any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- if Codestorm Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
Other third parties (including the police, law enforcement agencies, credit reference and fraud prevention agencies and other bodies) to protect the rights, property or safety of Codestorm Ltd, our customers, or others
- to exchange information to protect against fraud and to reduce payment risks
- in connection with the prevention and detection of crime
Disclosure of your information required by law
We may disclose your personal information if we are under a duty to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Codestorm Ltd, our customers, or others.
Keeping personal information secure
We will always ensure that we protect your data with the upmost security. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure all information and data.
How long we keep personal information
Codestorm Ltd will only retain customers’ personal information for as long as it needs to carry out a particular purpose or meet a particular obligation.
Keeping personal information accurate
Codestorm Ltd will ensure that personal information is kept accurate and up to date as far as is reasonably possible. However, we rely on our customers to ensure that some of the information we hold about them is accurate. We encourage customers to inform us of any changes to their information.
Access to personal information
You can request details of personal information any company within Codestorm Ltd holds about you, by writing to,
Any access request made may require proof of identification is required to protect your information. We also require sufficient details to be provided in order to locate your information and an optional application form may be provided to assist us in locating the information you require.
A customer may allow Codestorm Ltd to provide them with information about products and services that Codestorm Ltd, or selected third parties, which may be of interest to them. We will only do this where a customer has agreed to receive such information.
You agree to receive marketing information;
- from Codestorm Ltd about our products and services by choosing to opt-in when our account is registered with us to trade.
- from Codestorm Ltd about its similar products and services where you provide your details in the course of purchase or negotiations for the purchase of a product or service.
- from Codestorm Ltd about our products and services by choosing not to opt-out on the marketing preferences selection tools provided on forms completed on our websites, in order to contact us or to access our marketing collateral and the interactive features of our site.
You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time. This can be applied by clicking unsubscribe links on our email communications or by directly contacting us via email, telephone or post.
You have a number of rights regarding the processing of your personal information under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Privacy and electronics Communications Regulation (PECR).
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not selecting opt-in boxes on the site forms we use to collect your data or instructing marketing preferences upon account set up with our business.
You have the right at any point to change, update or withdraw your previously provided marketing preference consent.
You can exercise this right at any time by writing to,
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to;
- estimate our online audience size and site usage pattern
- store information about preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to interests
- recognise repeat visitors to our websites